My friend Sean.
I took my mum's dog for a walk around the streets of Flemington and I came across
this electrical substation that abutted the train line. In 1997 when I was thirteen
years old, my friend Sean died there. He was thirteen too. He was climbing up
the building at the time and slipped, managing only to cling on to the high voltage
live wire that electrocuted him.
As I passed this place with my mum's dog, I noticed a memorial had been erected.
Upon closer inspection, I read that it was not for Sean, but for another person who
had died there a year earlier.
This is the Herald Sun article about Sean's death, published in September 1997.